A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing and innovative startup in the Minneapolis-St Paul area. Claros Technologies is an advanced materials company developing sustainable solutions for a variety of industries. The company is looking for a talented Materials Scientist. The scientist must have at minimum BS degree in materials science, materials engineering, materials chemistry or a related field. Master’s or PhD in materials science with expertise in Polymer Chemistry preferred.
Major Areas of Accountability:
– Conduct laboratory R&D experiments under direct supervision of the lead scientist. This include sample preparation, data collection and analysis, and suggest improvement of experimental protocols and formulations. Innovation is highly encouraged.
– Record experimental procedures and results in a laboratory notebook and maintain confidentiality.
– Write research reports, manuscripts for publication, and participate in all activities or meetings organized or attended by the company whenever needed.
– Provide training and mentorship to other team members
– Maintain laboratory equipment and facility
– Maintain a clean, friendly and safe work environment
• BS in materials science, materials engineering, materials chemistry or related field.
• Knowledge of standard laboratory equipment and chemical laboratory operations.
Experience with one or more of the following:
• MS or PhD in materials science, materials engineering, materials chemistry or related field with experience in polymer chemistry
• Surface and materials characterization techniques
• Nanoparticle synthesis and characterization
• Organic or inorganic synthesis
• Surface coating and functionalization
• Polymer/Textile chemistry